“Try Prayer out, it works”
There are lots of Bible verses that tell of the power of prayer to God through Jesus – eg: “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark chapter 11 verse 24
Prayers for you
The mighty prayer warriors at Battle Baptist Church (as we like to call them) love to pray for any issues that you would like us to pray for. These include quicker-than-expected healing for injured players. Don’t laugh – it happens.
Our current injured players are:
Dean Boyd – heavily bruised left foot
Glen Carrick – back
Trystan Mayhew – hamstring
Tom Saunders – groin strain
Scott Vickers – knee & various health issues
Keeping it confidential
Our prayer warriors will only be given your first name, & will keep all prayer requests confidential.
Do let us know….
If we have prayed for you, please do let us know when your situation changes. Good news is worth sharing to encourage our prayer warriors – again in confidence. It also shows how powerful & faithful Jesus is.
Prayer for the Club
Every 2 months, we list some things about the Club for the whole Church to pray for. It is amazing how God has guided & developed the Club through prayer. We have come a long way since 2004. The prayers for March and April 2018 are:
Lord, we thank You for:
- Helping us to respond positively to players’ concerns
- Being able to afford Saturday training sessions while games are rained off
- The improvements with the behaviour & performances of our under 14s youth team
- For the Club’s high RESPECT ratings in the East Sussex League
Lord, we ask You to:
- Help us to increase player numbers at Monday & Wednesday training so we can develop sessions
- Help us to increase our Church witness across BBFC
- Guide & bless our work to improve the Battle Rec pitch & pavilion
- Guide & bless the partnership with our sponsors, Medica
- Help us end the season well with performances & sportsmanship, & to plan wisely for next season
- In all we are & all we do – to bring You the Glory.